Friday, October 05, 2012

Swaziland, more animals

I am back from Swaziland... I have been for a while really. This trip was great. It was warmer than last time, in fact quite warm. I was better organized and stayed in a quieter, more isolated spot (still in Mlilwane) and it was great. I think this time I noticed plants more, possibly because since it was the start of summer there was more blooms etc. First though let me show you more pictures of animals.
That's a blesbok. They are plentiful in Mlilwane. They are actually difficult to take picture off with a regular camera because they tend to be quite shy. They do this "snorting thing" when they see somebody. I am not sure if it is a warning sounds for the others, a threatening sound to the person approaching or what, but they snort. I call them The Snorters.

This is a male nyala, probably my favourite antelop. The male in particular has a very weird look.

This is a Nile Monitor Lizard. They are pretty big and quite nice I think. they live in or near water and are quite shy. I felt lucky to see one and I even ended up seeing two!

And here are a few shots of warthogs, just because I like them.




No comments: