Friday, February 28, 2014

The Crazy Red Cardinal

At one of the Texas State Parks where I camped I had a problem with a red cardinal. I chose a campsite not knowing that it was within the territory of a completely crazy red cardinal.and you have to admit that it is an easy mistake to make :-)
First he attacked the rear view mirror on the driver side which was on the side of the bush where he seemed to hanging out.
In this photo he is just sitting on it but he was attacking it.

So I covered the rear view mirror and he was ok with that.

Next he went to the passenger side rear view mirror. So I covered that one too.


Next he proceeded to attack the little bit of chrome on the front bumper. And it is not as if I keep my truck all nice and shiny! He was hitting it so hard that I was worried that he would hurt himself. So I sat there and each time he attacked the truck I set the alarm on (I was the only one in the campsite). He would fly away and come back less than 10 seconds later.


Since I space was not the issue I drove to the park warden and changed site. I took my camera with me so I could show her the photos because I knew it sounded like a completely crazy story....mind you, even with the photos it sounds like a crazy story.

No comments: