Thursday, January 14, 2016

The Tree Knot

The tree-knot is obviously not its real name, but this is the way I call it because the first time I was show this knot was when I was being taught how to build a snare and it was used to tie the pole to the tree on the tree side.
I worry that I may forget it ....The old brain is not what it used to be.

 It is not just used at the tree but also within the snare, this is the way the yellow string in the picture below is tied to the little stick.

First you make a simple Granny Knot at the end of the rope.


Then you make another one as close to the first one as possible... don't tighten it yet.

Put the other end of the rope around what the tree, or the stick or what ever and pull the end of the rope through the second loose Granny Knot

Tighten that second knot

Kaboom, you're done!
In the picture below, the tree or the stick would be in the loop.

No comments: