Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Johannesburg - Thorn Tree

A while back I blogged about a tree I like which I called "mystery thorn tree" but was really a Chorisa Speciosa.

Here are some more pictures of those trees. This one does not have any thorns but is wonderful and tall and when in bloom can be seen quite a ways away. It is in the huge garden of a super fancy house and since it is quite far from the fence I asked the gardener if I could go in to take photos of the tree. He couldn't let me in so I had to "buzz" the main house from the gate and asked to be let in. Nicely enough them did let me in.


Just the wall you see next to the tree trunk is taller than me, to give you a sense of how tall the tree is.

Further along another of those trees is already bearing fruits...also a very tall tree so I cannot get a close up, but this is what the fruits look like.


No comments: