Wednesday, May 01, 2013

What NOT to say to somebody with a terminal disease

You may remember that recently I posted about a book I highly recommended titled "Help me live: 20 things people who have cancer want you to know". I just want to add a little something to this, not about what to say, but about what NOT to say. ...and I would have thought that it was obvious but apparently it isn't.

Please DO NOT under any circumstances say: "diseases are the way Planet Earth deals with overpopulation" to anybody who has a terminal disease, cancer or anything else. For that matter DO NOT say this while you visiting in Africa from somewhere where HIV, malaria, cholera etc etc are not a problem. You can think it, you can believe it BUT YOU CANNOT SAY IT!!!!!

Again, I would have thought that it was obvious.

No comments: