Wednesday, May 28, 2014

The Dog Who Fooled Me Into Giving Her a Ride is Now Famous

I may not have blogged about it but last summer driving the MacKenzie Highway I ended up picking up a dog who looked lost and I took her to Hay River and from there a bit of an adventure followed. With the helps of my friends from Hay River we eventually found out who she belonged to and returned her.
When I picked her up she had a name tag with a phone number which was answered by a young girl who knew nothing about a dog, any dog. So when I returned her I mentioned that really she needed a new tag. A while later I saw Charlie again, this time she actually was at home and I was visiting for other reasons, and her name tag said something to the effect of "I live at mile xxx of the MacKenzie Highway, please don't pick me up" and the relevant phone number and I thought that it was both funny and very appropriate.
But now Charlie is gone missing and has made it to the BBC News.

Charlie is a good dog and I hope she finds her way home soon. Her tag did say "Do not pick me up"

And regardless of what the comments say on the news site her owner is a good owner, just Charlie is a free spirit who does like to ride in the front seat (as the article says) and she cannot be kept at home all the time. This dog lives up north in the bush. It would be a crime to keep her all the time on leash.
And if you are wondering, yes, I am the person who took her to Hay River.....she played me. I was convinced that she was lost. And because she is a little bit on the "fat" side (clearly not a starving dog) I thought that she did not belong in the bush........goes to show! she belongs in the bush with her good owner.

No comments: