Thursday, September 11, 2014

And the Work Continues

Still working working working, but I am making progress.

the chimney which used to look like this:



 Now looks like this:
 Like a "real" chimney.

the corner beam which used to look like this:


Has now been filled with insulation and looks like this:





the underneath of the cabin which looked like this (I am referring to the badly weathered and  messy insulation not the stands):

 First looked like this, with the vapor barrier .... and a stack of plywood ready to go:
 Then like this, with the first sheet of plywood supported by the now "famous" stands:

This is when I found out that positioning the plywood was not easy and I "invented" the idea of little handles. I feel like I re-invent the wheel everyday. I am sure that there is a way to do it, it may be handles like this or something else. I don't know. Those you just pull off when you are done and bend the small nail down flat with the surface.

Here is the first sheet done.
 Then all of it done.... well nearly
I had forgotten this part:
But this is now done too. I have to say that changing the insulation, putting vapour barrier and plywood under the cabin was a HUGE job. I am so pleased that it is finished.

No comments: