Wednesday, October 20, 2010

lemon tart

What is really happening here is that I am sorting out what I want to take with me on my trip to Chile/Argentina/South Africa etc from what is staying behind among the few things I have left and in the process I am finding pieces of papers with recipes that I really want to have with me. So here my all time favorite Lemon Tart...again so I can access it regardless of where I am. This one is from "Luscious Lemon Desserts" by Lori Longbotham.

1/2 cup of unsalted butter
2 tablespoons finely grated lemon zest
1 3/4 cup all purpose floor
1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
2 pinches of salt
6 large eggs
1 cup lemon juice
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
confectioner's sugar for dusting

1. heat oven to 350F

2. melt butter, add 1 tablespoon of zest, let stand a little. Mix flour, 1/4 cup sugar + 1 pinch of salt and pout butter mix slowly into it while stirring with a fork. Stir until dough is uniform and sitcky when pressed together. Press mixture in tart pan. Bake for 20 minutes or until cooked. Let cool

3. mix left over sugar (1 cup) + left over zest (1 tablespoon) preferally in food precessor.

4. Whisk eggs + sugar and zest mix + lemon juice + 1 pinch salt

5. beat cream until it forms peaks and wish cream into egss mixture

6. place crust \(in pan) on baking sheet and pour in egg + cream mixture

7. bake for 25 to 30 minutes until center is just set. Let cool just before serving dust with confectioner's sugar.

I tell you it is worth the effort!

No comments: