Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Graskop, snake at the curio shop

In Graskop (a small town near Sabie near where I was staying) there is a very good curio shop. In the front room it has the usual touristy stuff you can find anywhere in South Africa but in the second room it has a mixture of good African antics, decent reproductions of antics and stuff like this.



 I went to have a look just in case they had something of special interest to me. There was nothing I wanted, especially since these days I really do not buy anything I will have to carry around with me. but there was a little snake inside the store. The inside of the store was quite cool with a concrete floor so the snake was not very fast but the local shop clerk who was trying to think of a way to get it out didn't want to try to catch it. So I ask him to give me a piece of bubble wrapper and I caught it for him and the store owner, who got involved at that stage, released it outside.




It was a beautiful little thing.

No comments: