Monday, March 28, 2011

One year Anniversary (missed it)

I actually missed the one year anniversary of my retirement. My last day of work was Friday March 13th (I know Friday 13th!).

It seems like I didn't do much this year. Time just flew by. I think that I had hoped to do more traveling, or maybe more adventurous new traveling. (was this the plan?)

- I packed the Jo'burg house 
- From Johannesburg I took a short driving trip to Mozambique with a friend form work
- I flew to Australia and spent most of my time in Tasmania, stayed at I and P's farm and drove around Tasmania in a camper van
- I then flew to Canada, sold my house and took a long road trip to northern Canada in the Camper A. gave me
- A short time before leaving Canada I had a car accident and destroyed the car which came out of a parking lot right in front of me..... but nobody was hurt
- I flew back to South Africa with 2 short stops (4, 5 days), one in Santiago and one Buenos Aires
- In South Africa I drove to north west coast, then across the country to the southern east coast and back to Johannesburg. I spent significant amount of time on each coast
- I took a short trip to Gaborone so I could re-enter South Africa with a fresh visa
- I spent a all bunch of time with R. and T in Jo'burg and we cooked up a storm
- I planned a new Round the World plane ticket with an itinerary which is amazingly similar to the last one (I think that the scary part: is how similar my next trip is to the last one)

No comments: