Tuesday, September 20, 2011

The New Camper

Last year my friend A gave me an old camper mostly to try it out and see if I liked it. It was a great big old camper and I loved it. A and I did a lot of work inside and at the end it was a great thing to have. This is what I used last year when I drove to northern Canada and went to Liard Hot Springs. I camped in it down to -10C which would be a bit of a nightmare in a tent.
 You can see it is big and old.

 and quite spacious!
BUT it was just too heavy for my truck and my fuel consumption was through the roof. But by then I was in love with the camper and I didn't want to let it go even though I knew I should. After a long time looking for a new lighter camper I finally found one.


So here is the new (to me) camper:
 It is much smaller, but mostly it is made of fiberglass and much much lighter.
Just right for one person. It does have a stove, a furnace, a small frige and a small sink (with cold water only but this is all I need).
 
Anyway tomorrow morning, after too many self-imposed delays I am leaving and going on a month long road trip. I don'ty know yet where I will go. The weather is quite cool now in Canada and even though I feel like going north I know I probably shouldn't. I think I will start by going to some hot springs (either Miette or Golden and maybe on to Nakusp) and decide once I am relaxed and feeling like I am on a road trip. It feels very different very quickly and soon I get into the spirit of the road trip and the slow relaxing feeling I love.

No comments: