Tuesday, September 06, 2011

Southeast Asian Fish Soup

Now that I stopped working I am so relaxed that my brain is going soft and I find myself forgetting the most basic things....either it is because I am relaxed or it is old age...either way, same result. (The good thing about old age is that you have lots of time to get used to the idea!). Anyway, I find that I can't even trust myself to remember the simplest of recipes, so just in case I forget this one I am storing it here. It is SO easy that it shouldn't even be called "cooking" and it is delicious.
You'll notice that it is another "one pot" recipe. I only cook "one pot" recipes, in fact I modify all recipes into "one pot" deals.... I am not crazy about doing dishes.

Oil
Onions chopped fine
Grated ginger
Minced or crushed garlic
Chopped hot peppers (the red ones look nicer in this soup)
....... together low heat pan fry

Pieces of fish
....add and pan fry some more

Chicken broth
Fish sauce
..... add and bring to boil

Some green veggies (asparagus are nice) ...if you feel like it

Beaten eggs .... to make egg "strings" if you feel like it

No comments: