Thursday, February 09, 2012

Baby scorpion in my bathtub

OK, there clearly is a scorpion "situation" at my place.
As you know I already found one in my bathtub, I posted its photo. Then the other night I found one under the book shelves when I pulled out my exercise mat and this morning there is the smallest baby scorpion in my bath tub. I should say that the bookshelves are obviously not anywhere near the bathtub so it isn't just a bathroom thing.
Anyway, this morning I caught the little guy, put him in a very large jar left over from the previous tenants and I am going to try to see if I can have a pet scorpion.
I have no idea what they eat, or what their even most basic of habits are. I am going to have to look it up.
If I can't make it work, I'll release him in the garden.
Cute, isn't he?
He is so small at first I thought it was a "silver fish" (that's what I call some other small bugs, but I don't know if it is their real name). Silver fish are hard to rescue out of the bathtub because they are very fragile and this is really the only reason I looked carefully and noticed that it wasn't a silver fish.

ADDED LATER: I had to release him, he just was not eating. I am not sure if he didn't like live ants (the only things I could really catch) or what it was. Either way he is free back in the garden now. There is hope he will pass on the notion that going into my place is not great and that my reputation as a good cook is just grossly exaggerated!

No comments: