Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Rose Quartz

I had seen before a old abandonned mine where they used to mine rose quartz and amazonite (a green feldspar) but it was not spectacular. This time I came across a fabulous outcrop. The top of the mountain was a thick vein of rose quartz. I just had to go and see it up close and personal.

I guess the top doesn't really show in this photo but you can at least see one of the large boulders.

This was one of the very rare time in my life I was traveling with a friend so I actually have pixs of myself on the side of the mountain.

My friend who stayed down wanted to see how pink it could get so I threw one over and let it bounce on its way down.

I am actually useful as a scale for the rose quartz boulders in that photo.(I am tall)

What a fun afternoon that was.

No comments: