Thursday, January 02, 2014

Roasted Green Chiles at the Local Grocery Store

Today I bought roasted green chiles at the local supermarket. I think they are chiles and not green peppers because they were a bit spicy, not a lot but enough to put them out on "green peppers" in my book.
They come in a plastic bag and honestly do not look super appetizing.




They look a bit better out of the bag but not a lot more.
But they are delicious!

I was looking at them not sure what to do and decided not to get any. Then a saw a young woman buying some so I asked her how to eat them. She obviously uses them a lot because she immediately came up with a long list of dishes, none of which I knew.
I thought I would keep it simple, especially since I am in the camper and I had mine in a tortilla with avocado, cheese and some crushed corn tortilla (to add some crunchiness), and it was super nice.

1 comment:

Amira said...

Those look like roasted poblanos. I make them all the time now and use them in so many different recipes. Yum.