Monday, January 05, 2015

Frozen Eye Lashes

The coldest day this winter so far was Christmas day. It went down to -38C (-37F). To be honest I did not go for a walk on that day, but on a -29C day (-20F) I went for a walk and as expected on a day like this frost formed on my eye lashes. First I melted the frost on my right eye because my eye lashes were sticking together when I blinked, then I thought that I should take a photo (hence one frozen eye and one ice free).


For the record, it is true that sometimes when you blink your eye lashes sort of stick, but you just touch your eye with your finger and it instantly melts and you can open you eye totally normally. So it is not as big a deal as it might seem.

2 comments:

The Desert Beacon said...

You continue to amaze! It is 22F (on the plus size of zero) where we are in the Washington, D.C., area, with the first snow of the winter (3.5 inches), and we are doing our best to hunker down and keep warm in our little travel trailer. The word from friends at Big
Bend is that there has been a power outage in the park since Friday due to an ice storm. We are only getting a tiny taste of what you are experiencing.

C. said...

I had notice on the photos you sent of your Christmas that there was no snow but I had not realize that you were having a "warm" winter.
Truly I am enjoying it, maybe because I know that I do not have to stay if I do not want. In fact, in the perfect reverse I may have to leave soon, not because of weather or anything related to being here, just boring grown up stuff.