Sunday, January 30, 2011

Where I Was

This is the trip. I first went west to Port Nolloth and area where I stayed until after Christmas. Then I drove across the country to Kenton to spend New Years with friends but after they left to go back to work I stayed for a couple of weeks. Then I came back To Johannesburg because there was things I had to do. All this took just under two months because I really took my time and stopped a lot.
I had a nice relaxing time and really cannot say that I achieved anything at all. I did a lot of walking (mostly, but not only, on beaches) and that's about it. This is exactly what I am into these days: doing nothing special at all. I do not want to do the most of anything at all. I do not want to make sure I see or do everything where I am. I spend every day as if I lived in the place where I am and have totally normal days of enjoying life.
It seems to work for me.



I am sure you recognize the background map as being from google maps
  Driving back to Jo'burg I thought how I spent a good part of my life trying to be free but how all I had really achieved was being independent (don't get me wrong I do feel lucky that I was able to do that) and how now I feel "free" ....well, as free as one can get. I actually do not believe that being free is possible. Anyway I feel free-hearted and worry-free which is all I really want.

No comments: