Friday, April 01, 2011

Soon on my way to China

Beautiful morning here in Johannesburg.
You can tell the full blast of Summer is over now even though yesterday was a very hot day. The evening last night was nice and mild and we were able to eat outside, but in the last couple of weeks the evenings have been cool. In general the air feels cooler, the light is different and it feels like Fall. Even the plants are feeling it and the trees are staring to thin out and some of them have brown leaves.

In a few hours I will be heading to the airport to fly to Hong Kong (a direct flight, hurray!). and then on to China.
I am mostly packed already and I keep on trying to take stuff out of my bag so it isn't so big and so heavy. But I have to carry everything with me. It is not as if I still had a home where things can wait. To be fair I should say that I am in fact leaving a bag behind at R and T's house, I have a box in Tasmania and some storage on Canada.

Either way, I have to be ready for warm weather  for Hong Kong and mainland Australia and probably even some summer days in Canada. And  I have to have what I need for cool to right down cold weather for northern China in Spring, Tasmania in Fall to early Winter and Southern Chile in Spring.
This year I will be in Tasmania about a month later than I was last time, and last time I had -10C at night a few of the last nights I was there. Thank goodness they have great charity stores in Tasmania, is all I have to say.

OK, this is it I am packing the laptop so expect a long blog (and email) silence.

No comments: