Wednesday, August 10, 2011

China - Pingle an old town not so "touristed" up - Part 2


I also wandered away from the two main streets all done up for the tourists and had a great day.





I stumbled into a courtyard thinking I was following a small street. A gentleman pointed out to me the way back to the tourist part but I just ask if it was OK for me to go into the yard and in a typical very friendly Chinese way he said I could just go ahead.



I love the detail of the architecture: how a typical "fancy" Chinese rook line is done with normal plain roof tiles!



Then eventually since I had some spare time I started walking away from town along the small dirt roads traveling among farms.


This field below is tea, just a very small field so it must be for local consumption. I also saw an old woman in town drying tea leaves for her own household but I didn't take a picture. Sometimes taking a picture ruins the moment.

No comments: