Saturday, August 13, 2011

Chinese Pandas in Chengdu

Before I post more photos about Australia I want to do one or two more posts about China.
Chengdu in china is well known for its panda sanctuary. As mush as I normally do not like zoos (the make me quite depressed) but I wanted to see the pandas, so here they are.

Giant pandas are very photogenic and they have been photographed zillions of times so I am sure there is really nothing new here for anybody. But it was very nice to see them live and at the Chengdu panda sanctuary you really get to see them doing their things in large enclosures where they appear quite relaxed and happy.







The big surprise for me was the red pandas. They are stunning. I do not understand why they are less known than the giant pandas. To me they did not appear to be as relaxed as the giant pandas. A way to described the difference would be to say that it is like the difference between dogs (the giant pandas) and cats (the red pandas).


Look at the colour of their fur.

No comments: