Monday, August 25, 2014

Getting Worse Before it Hopefully Gets Better

I am working, working, working, getting sore using muscles I haven't used in years, but somehow it just seems to be getting worse. And hopefully it is the "worse" before it gets better.
Right now the big stumbling block is finding a way to take plywood, insulation, a stove, stove pipe etc to the cabin.
First I stacked everything into the corner where the wood stove is, and cleaned the freed area.


I meant to paint the floor in that corner first, but then I thought it was really not that important a job and my time would be better spent dealing with the stove, the chimney, the insulation etc
 All the same, I did spent a little extra money on things not needed. I bought the two birch bark baskets at the Saturday market.
 I think they are quite cute

 The floor painting plan was also best delayed since I couldn1't decide what colour I wanted

So everything went back into the kitchen corner and work started (as you can see from the wood piled up inside so it stays dry)

I need to change the insulation under the floor because it was exposed to the elements. You can see how it looks sort of disheveled. Once the new insulation is in I need to cover it properly with plywood. But of course it means holding sheets of plywood (4' x 8') above my head all while nailing them or screwing them in place. So I built four support brackets so I can put the plywood on them and lie under it without having to support it.

 .... Unfortunately another problem I have is this little guy who has decided to live in my roof.
Everybody to whom I say I have chipmunk in my roof answers: "There are no chipmunk in the Northwest Territories". Well, apparently this guy is not aware of that fact.

No comments: