Sunday, April 19, 2015

Christmas Tree Ornaments and Tin Mugs

On Sunday morning in Rosebank ( a neighborhood of Jo'burg) there is The Roof Top Market where there is a lot of local crafts and stuff available. I went there today (sorry no photos) and bought a few things.

Some Christmas tree ornaments (I love Christmas tree ornaments):
Some African angel, I should add that they are particularly inspired from the Ndebele women.
 Maybe a little big for my tree as I like small ornaments, but there was only one size.

The smaller figurines below are meant to be key chains but I thought that once the ring is removed they would make nice ornaments.

You can see they are way smaller.

Things I had bought many times before but somehow gave all away are those hand painted enameled tin mugs. I quite like them and I was please to see that the merchant was still at the market. He actually recognized me and we had a pleasant chat.

They never used to have animals, but this time they had a few.

Mostly they have scenes of village life.

In a way I get the sense that this could be one of my last trips to South Africa so I am making sure that I get what I want, things that I have bought before and given away, or things that I have admired but never bought.

No comments: