Monday, October 05, 2015

Random Pictures for September 2015

First, Buffalo meat.
A. got a buffalo and I went to visit to see him dry the meat.



A. very generously gave me some buffalo meat and it was very good. I had five meals out of it, first steaks, then I made a stew. Delicious! It was a real treat.


Here are some buffalo prints from Salt Plains in Wood Buffalo National Park

Also bear prints at Salt Plains

Just a view of Salt Plains but looking back away from the plains

And here is the salt around the path of the small salted stream

I also dried some shaggy names. I didn't know they could be dried until I saw a recipe calling for dry shaggy manes.

Traditional canvas tent, looking lovely in the meadow with fall colours.

Star grass, at least that's what I call it because it reminds me of stars in the the dark sky. 

Spruce grouse in a tree. You can see how it is starting to turn white.
 Here is another one trying to hide in the grass

and this is a ruffle grouse... easy to see why

The 34" connie (their real is inconnue I found out) I caught myself with my small fishing rod. I was SO happy. I had enough to share. That was a great feeling. And I now have a fishing story!!!! how cool is that?!?!

 Sun flooding the table at the cabin. What a great time of year. This fall has been absolutely gorgeous.


No comments: