Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Saffron-scented Lamb with Almond Sauce

Saffron-scented Lamb with Almond Sauce or Badam Zarda Ghost.

I want to have this recipe with me when I travel so I can make it for he people I visit. It is taken from "660 curries" by Raghavan Iyer.
I highly recommend this book. The only problem with this book as I see it is that it is too big for me to carry it around the world with me.
Obviously in the book the recipe gives proper instructions and measurements.

Ghee (or oil)
Cumin seeds (1 tsp)
Cinnamon sticks (3x3")
Bay leaves
Black cardamon (3)
                    Temper together

Lamb cubed
                   Add to pan and brown for a quite a while

Ground almond mixed in half it volume of water
                     in blender together to get rough paste
                     then add to lamb...add water if needed

Saffron
Salt
         add and cook until lamb is tender. Add water as needed

No comments: