Thursday, December 08, 2011

100% Cocoa, My New Bad Habit

Here in South Africa you can get 100% cocoa. Because I cannot eat sugar once as a treat I bought myself some. Now I am in trouble. I like it, though I realize that it may be an acquired taste. I already know that I do not care for the Indonesian cocoa as much as the others. So far I find cocoa from both Madagascar and Venezuela quite nice. I think Venezuelan cocoa may be a little easier to like, smoother while the Madagascar cocoa has more punch....And there are more to try!
I should say that without any sugar cocoa is bitter, since I started eating this 100% cocoa stuff I once had a "nice" chocolate with 85% cocoa and I thought the sugar was ruining it. I am in deep trouble. Where am I  going to find single provenance 100% cocoa when I am not in South Africa!!!!



No comments: