Monday, December 12, 2011

More Modern African Fabrics

In between all my meetings in Jo'burg I somehow have to pass the time. Honestly I am starting to get quite bored so I made up some sawing project (and I am NOT a seamstress even remotely). Part of the pleasure for me is of course to choose the fabrics. I don't sew but I love fabrics. Go figure!

Anyway today I went downtown with Michelle (she is a seamstress, in fact she has a clothing stores of her own stuff and I own a  lot of simple dresses with crazy bright African prints that I bought from her) and this is what I bought:





Today we went to a store called Ismail's. It is a great fabric store with loads of choices, lots of Da Gama shweshwes, Fascos and Woodin London Elegance Wax prints.
The store is at the corner of Market Street and End Street at 224 Market.
I recommend this store.

No comments: