Sunday, April 19, 2015

Beaded Animals - Part 1 (possibly many parts to follow, who knows?)

As per request, a close up of the beaded animals:
Those are just the ones I have acquired so far. I love beaded animals and I tend to acquire a few. They come in any size you want if you are willing to order them and wait. The one I have are small because they are one of the typical size of what you can get pretty much anywhere, also they have to come with me. But the goat in my friend's garden is life size.

One guinea fowl and two rhinos. (If you click on the photos you can see them better)

Close up of the white rhino.

The stand I photographed for my previous post had many more but I didn't buy any from that guy. I bought from him the frame of a antelope (a springbok)  head to hang on the wall as they are before they get beaded. I thought it was great just the way it was.
As you can see from the size of my hand, the antelope head is much bigger than the beaded animals I bought.
Honestly those guys are so gifted in the way they can bend wire into a perfect 3-D representation of pretty much anything they want.

2 comments:

Beverly said...

I am fascinated by these!! Beautiful!

Lee-Anne said...

Love this stuff. Do you recall where these artists are based in JHB?