Monday, April 08, 2013

Another look at the Camper

This post is for K who asked several times what the camper looked like (P. can you show K the photos.... you know who you are... I mean Parkview P. and K.).
I've posted the first two photos before but it was a long time ago, so here they are again.
This is the camper:
The outside: The window at the front is at my feet when I am in bed. it would be at my head if we were looking at the other side of the truck. The window at the back is in my "kitchen" above the sink, and on the other side it would be behind the seat at the table. The two "tubes" you see, one on the side and one at the back are the jacks so I can put the camper on its "feet", lift it and drive from underneath it if I want to take it off. But I seldom take it off. What you cannot see is that it is tightly chained to the frame of the truck, inside the box.
 
And the inside with the bed not even made. You can see the 3-burner stove and the sink on the left and the fridge on the right with the back of the L-shaped seat in bluein front and below it.
I am not crazy about the "decor" and I would love to redo it in serious more funky look but it was in great condition when I bought it and I am not sure that I even want to get into "renovations".
 It is quite small but Ok for one person, especially since all I really do in there is sleep and sometimes make a cup of coffee. I do most of my cooking on my Coleman stove outside.

The Coleman stove is the thing sitting on the table on the left of the picture.
This is super civilized camping in a proper campground. I am pretty sure that this picture was taken at was Dry Gulch Provincial Park just south of  Radium, sometime in the fall of 2011.

No comments: