Sunday, June 02, 2013

My weather on June 2nd

Just to show how obsessed I am with the weather here is today's satellite image from Weather Canada



...For the record the distance between the 2 dots is just over 400 kilometer (250 miles) Tomorrow I am spending the day in Grande Prairie to get the breaks and the tires on the truck looked at. For once I was organized and actually made an appointment ahead of time.

Inuvik has been having midnight suns since May 24th and will continue to do so until July 19th but I don't need to rush to see it because the weather forecast for Inuvik for this coming Thursday June 6th is: "cloudy with 60% chance of rain showers or flurries. Low +1C (34F), high +12C (54F)"....yes "flurries"!!!
I must be crazy to be driving this way!!

By the way I am 140km (90miles) from kilometer zero of the Alaska Highway..... but no driving tomorrow.

No comments: