Friday, July 18, 2014

Fort Resolution, Northwest Territories

I spent a day in Fort Resolution. It was a very smoky day because of the 135 wild fires in the Northwest Territories right now, but what a spot, on the shore of Great Slave Lake.
Honestly when you look around you could easily convince yourself that you are in a small fishing village on the East Coast of Canada.








These days I am looking for a cabin to buy, rent or build and I like the little double storey cabin in the back 


I love this one (below) too and I am pretty sure that I would be able to build it myself.


And here is another one.None of those are either for rent or for sale but I am looking at them as a source of inspiration.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I live in Pinellas Park Florida and recently read about the existence of Great Slave Lake in a Hard Boy book. Now I am very interested in visiting Canada to see the places mentioned in the book. I have never been to Canada, but I hope I can some day deliver myself to such a secluded location.