Friday, July 18, 2014

Jasper National Park

After the David Thompson Highway I followed the Icefields Parkway to Jasper National park. It really had been a long time since I had been to this part of the world during the high of tourist season so it was a little shocking to see how busy things were. Nicely I had no intentions of camping anywhere near Jasper townsite, I all along intended to camp at Pocahontas campground near Miette hot Springs, because there was no camp sites to be had anywhere near town.

 The mountain goats were doing their tourist season duty and hanging around near the road......



 ....... and creating a traffic jam on the road.


A wood pecker was busy around the campsite. I love piliated wood peckers because they look just like wood peckers in cartoons.


No comments: