Sunday, July 06, 2014

Toadlena Trading Post, New Mexico

On my way from Gallup to Monument Valley I also stopped at Toadlena Trading Post (a few miles west of HWY 491). Somebody sometime, and I forget who and when, wrote" Toadlena is to Navajo rugs what Paris is to Haute Couture" and it is indeed a interesting place to visit.
The trading post is a working trading post. The woman who looks after it is very friendly and interesting. The rugs are beautiful, if out of my price range. And there is a small museum at the back of the trading post which is quite interesting.

Again random pictures not trying to be particularly representative.

The sheep who may very well be part of those providing wool for the rugs.


Just a window in the store

The inside of the trading post ...as I said a working trading post




One of the rug in the museum. I did not take photos of the rugs for sale I didn't feel OK doing it.

More photos of the trading post



No comments: