Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Holbrook - Arizona, Meteor Crater and Gallup

I just downloaded pictures from my camera and realized how much I actually have done in the last little bit.

I spent a while in Holbrook, Arizona, and did day trips from it.
The first two pictures below are photo of Holbrook itself


And those are from the surroundings of Holbrook 





A Navajo hogan, below.

I also went to Meteor Crater. Mostly I went there because I wasn't far from it and because years ago, the only other time I was there, I could not afford the entrance fee. So this time I wanted to see it.


 This is what the area around the crater looks like. Beautiful settings really.

Then I went to Canyon De Chelly, a fantastic place.






Spent sometime in Gallup. And my big discovery there was the Saturday morning market on 9th street North. I highly recommend the visit. I ate some really good Lamb done in Navajo style and really got a better sense of the Four Corner people than anywhere else. I wish I had taken photos of the people but I don't like taking pictures of people, it feels somewhat disrespectful.



No comments: