Monday, November 08, 2010

...and in Wells Gray Provincial Park I saw a great Moose

I should explain. I was in Wells Gray Provincial Park (a great place really) and I was walking along the river just above big thundering falls. I was following a cross country sky trail. There was nobody else around.
When I first saw the great moose I thought he was just going to drink. But he started crossing and I had that crazy thought: "If he falls in I won't be able to help. He is too big for me"...which is of course a crazy thought in more ways than one.
Not only he is too big, but there was no way that even on my own I could cross the river the current was too fast, the river was too high, and of course I can't see how a moose would let me approach to help.
Watching him cross I kept on saying "please don't fall down. Please don't fall down"



 Soon after this photo the water was just at his belly and he continued but was making guttural sounds as he went. I was really scared for him at that point I thought he looked nervous or at least uncomfortable.

 I am not sure that this photo show the mood but you can at least see that this river was fast and quite high.

 Then he past the mid point and stopped grunting and even took his time to look around.


 When he got there and was obviously going to make it all kept on saying "thank you. Thank you. Thank you"

Totally unaware of the "trauma" he had put me through he just wen on his own way and disappeared into the bush.

No comments: