Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Santiago, Chile - part 2

Not far from where I was staying (not due to any planning on my part) was the Plaza de Armas. Santiago is a city of benches, sitting in parks and people watching. People go to parks and spend time there. Plaza de Armas is one of the large and very popular parks.
By chance wandering around soon after I landed I came across the Plaza. An orchestra came and played music and people danced while other played chess and children played in the fountain. It thought right away that I would like Santiago.


Around the plaza you have mostly old buildings (here a cathedral) but with one very modern building. You can see how large the plaza is.

People wander around.

Children play in the fountain.

And generally people sit around.

What you see a lot of in Santiago is couples kissing and doing anything you can do with your clothes on. This was a tiny plaza behind my hotel where out of the blue (to me) a small orchestra started playing.

No comments: