Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Waiting for a reasonable time to go to the airport

I am flying out this afternoon and all I am doing now is pacing (well right now I am taking a break from pacing to do the last of the internet stuff I want to do).  You'd think I would first finish my packing then pace! But really I have so little packing to do that I know I can sort it out in 15 minutes.

I still have to take the truck to storage, put it on jacks (the camper is a little too heavy for me to let it sit on the truck for months on end).

I wish I could just go to the airport and go.

So, the itinerary as it stands is:
Santiago, Chile (just for 4 days since I delayed my ticket out of Calgary)
Buenos Aires, Argentina (5 days)
Johannesburg .... with no ticket to get out of South Africa at this point..... And by the way, do NOT fly into South Africa without another ticket to get out. Sometimes (not often I'll grant you) the airline check that you have a way out or a visa before they let you board the plane....this is of course unless you have a visa... I have a visa until May 2013 or something like this.

I bought myself  "The Tiger: a true story of vengeance and survival" by John Vaillant to read on the plane. I can't wait to get on the plane to start it, maybe I'll cheat and start it in the lounge before boarding. I heard an interview of the author about it on CBC and it sounds great.

No comments: