Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Santiago, Museo de Arte Precolumbino

The amazing thing about Santiago was that generally there was no signs or advertisement about museums and the likes.
The little guide I had mentioned this museum as "one of the best museum on the continent". I can't say if it is "the best" having seen only 2 cities on the continent but I can say that afterward I went to the Museum of Fine Art in Buenos Aires and their Precolumbian section was not a 10th of what I saw in this museum.. You would think that makes it a very famous museum but I had a bit of a hard time finding it and when I asked a couple of policemen for directions (and I was only a couple of blocks away from it) they had no idea where it was.

You could take photos as long as you did not use a flash. So here are some of the treasures you can see there.





No comments: