Thursday, July 21, 2011

China, the Great Wall at Jinshanling - Part 1

There are so many photos I want to share. I am so far behind. I still want to show Xi'an, Beijing in China and Kakadu National PArk in Australia. But first here is the Great Wall as I saw it.
My first impression was that it was so much better n reality than in photos so I am not sure how I can carry across how great it was. Just the same here is my view of it. (I am splitting this post into two so ity does not get to big).

There are many places where you can access the Great Wall I didn't want to go to Badaling which is the closest location to Beijing and so the most popular. I went to Jinshanling. The tour was supposed to be a hike from Jinshanling to Simatai but Simatai was closed due to renovations.

It was a misty day but as soon as I saw the Great Wall in the distanced I realized that it was going to be a lot "Greater" than I had thought.




 What can I say? I am not sure if the pictures, to me, speak for themselves because they are really just reminders of what I saw, but I do think that the Great Wall is stunning.




















Notice how few people there was.

No comments: