Friday, July 02, 2010

Something I had totally missed

How embarrassing! Totally by accident today I found out that Kevin Rudd is not the PM of Australia anymore!!
He lost the leadership of the Labor Party and as a result his replacement, Ms Julia Gillard, is now the first female Australian PM (this happened on June 24th).
I know I am relaxing and all this but really I am just back from Australia, I followed the local news when I was there (even though the Super Profit Tax debate could honestly put the best of us to sleep after a while) and still I never even noticed.
I am a little bit disappointed that BBC News World did not make a bigger deal of the event, though of course I mostly look at the Africa section of the news. BBC World News has a great Africa section. Anyway, this time I am sending you to ABC News to have a look at it.

No comments: