Tuesday, November 01, 2011

It is Summer in South Africa right now

It is Summer in South Africa right now and I feel like bragging. Before I become blazee again about how great it is to be having summer in a part of the world where flowers are plentiful I thought I should do something about it. So I took 2 minutes to shoot some photos of the flowers in T's garden.

T is an expert rose-grower.  He has many varieties. I always get a bouquet in my room and they smell so nice!!!


I prefer plants or flowers which are scented. This is a wonderful jasmin which blooms practically endlessly and smells so nice.


This is a different type of jasmin. It does not have as many flowers but to me it smells nicer.

A fancy type of hibiscus

A huge trumpet on a medium sized bush

They are quite large. Here is my hand for scale.

Even the trees are blooming right now.



That's the bloom on a pomegranate tree. I've shown them before but I never get tired of pomegranate trees.






A jacaranda, truly an Australian tree. The climate in Australia is very similar to the climate in South Africa and gardeners in South Africa grow a lot of Australian plants and trees. Jacarandas are hard to photograph, the purplish blue does not stand out on the sky and when they are in bloom they have no leaves so no greenery to offset the colour of the flowers.


No comments: