Saturday, April 19, 2014

Armadillos

Wow, I am really not blogging a lot these days....and I am blogging totally out of sequence. I actually don't like blogging out of sequence so I probably will mostly skip a all bunch of stuff I did.

However let me just post one more thing about Louisiana: Armadillos.
I went to two or three (can't recall) state parks in Louisiana and I saw loads of armadillos. They are really quite cool creatures. It is hard to see their faces because their nose is always half buried in leaves as they are hunting for worms and bugs and when their face is up it is because they are running away from you.

If you want to see a lot of armadillos go to Chicot State Park in Louisiana. It truly is a great state park and the state arboretum being part of it makes it even better. In fact even if you don't particularly want to see armadillos but are in Louisiana I recommend Chicot state park.





I have never before posted a movie and I tried here but my connection here is not good enough. I'll try again when I am somewhere with a good connection because I shot with my camera a very short little movie of an armadillo.
OK, I think it is loaded.

I have had camera problems and I realized while trying to find my armadillo pictures that hundreds of photos were lost somehow.

No comments: