Thursday, April 24, 2014

The Roulotte of my Dreams

When I was a kid, and when I first realized that I was going to stop working, both times, the dream was to have a "roulotte" (no idea what the word is in English, goes to show how old the dream is for me because there isn't very many concepts or objects that I first think about in french).
Between Big Bend and Three Rivers I stopped at Balmorhea State Park (and this time it was warm enough that I could swim in the warm springs) and I saw the roulottte of my dreams.


When I was a kid the dream was not practical enough to include a particular way of pulling it. But as a first gut reaction when I was in Jo'burg facing retirement I wanted a little cart like that one (even the shape is exactly right) but smaller and a donkey to pull it.
It is a gypsies dream, it comes from my grand father.

No comments: