Thursday, April 24, 2014

Major Plan Change, Off to Malaysia

I woke up in Cortez Colorado this morning ready to make my way to Monument Valley but decided to check my email one more time before leaving the campsite. This is when I found out that really I needed to go to Malaysia where an extra pair of hand is needed. I am not going to explain but an extra pair of hand IS needed.
And thanks to the wonder of technology, I bought a plane ticket, found storage for the camper while I am gone etc etc, drove the 400+kilometers to the nearest town with an airport etc. Busy day.

So tomorrow morning I am flying to Kuala Lumpur.
Now the only problem is getting to the airport because I am in a campground out of town (where the camper will be stored) and my cell phone stopped working so calling a cab is now gone to the world of "difficult". Funny isn't it. There are no more pay phones to be had so having sorted out everything else I am stuck at finding a way to make a call tomorrow morning early....too early to have the office of the campground open and too early to ask another camper. Well, by tomorrow morning my cell may work again.

Also I have to pack, but that's not major.

3 comments:

Amira said...

That is a big change. I've been enjoying your posts for the last few months (the petroglyphs you just posted were great), but it'll be fun to read about Malaysia if you blog from there. I hope you have a good trip!

C. said...

I should only be in Malaysia for a month, if all goes well.
I am debating whether or not I should take my laptop.
This is not a work trip, friends needs some help urgently so the trip will likely be mostly about helping them.
Can't wait to see where you are heading next. I am secretly voting for Addis. I love Addis. But then again I love good coffee, and the all country is so beautiful, though Amharic looks really difficult.

The Desert Beacon said...

Safe travels. I hope you pick up where you left off in the States when you return.