Saturday, August 21, 2010

Enjoying the moment

The house is a disaster but I am nearly packed. I just find myself with so many piles:
To go to Salvation Army
To the garbage
To go to Alaska
To go to Chile and forward
To pack still
To use one last time ans then pack (ex: coffee grinder)
To use but to be throw away or recycled afterward (ex: empty yogurt containers)
To go somewhere but no idea where (ex: 2 old laptops too old to be useful)
To use as wrapping material (ex: old sheets)

Anyway, I've packed the kitchen so tonight I am eating frozen pizza placed on top of the cardboard box it came in and cut with my Swiss Army knife and I am drinking G&T (as a celebration of the good work done packing today) in an old tomato sauce jar (the glasses are packed). And I am reading a second hand book bought this afternoon at the Salvation Army store where I was supposed to drop stuff without picking up anything.... but I bought quite a few books for my trip. Just for the books I am looking forward to it.
You would not believe the great books I picked up this afternoon!!!

All together I am enjoying the moment a lot more than I expected. I forget sometimes how simple things make me happier than complicated, well sorted out situations. I am enjoying camping in my own house (well not "my own" for much longer!!)

No comments: