Sunday, August 15, 2010

Next trip

After delays for various boring but real reasons I am now waiting for the last block to my next road trip to be removed.
I should find out tomorrow (deadline 9:00pm) whether or not the house is sold. If it is I will need to empty it before I hit the road. If it isn't sold I think I will sign a power of attorney to a friend of mine and take off. Both friends I have left in Calgary (everybody is on some other continent) have offer to do this for me.

I am getting seriously exited about this road trip but can't decide right now if I should go to Fairbanks and Delta Junction on the Alaska Highway or to Yellowknife and Wood Buffalo National Park at the end of the Deh Cho Route.
I am feeling a bit pushed to leave soon since I will have to be back in Calgary in early October to board my plane to Chile for the next leg of my Round the Word ticket.

The map from The Milepost website - link below

Also from The highly recommended  Milepost - link below

You can go and check out some of the northern routes at The Milepost. I bought myself this year's edition and I am spending way too long looking at it and daydreaming of places I could go. I highly recommend it as a great source of information if you wan to do the trip or for armchair travelers as a great source of daydreams.

No comments: