Saturday, August 21, 2010

The move is coming up really soon

This is it I am down to the last few days. I am moving everything out of the house this Monday. I am packing madly. In the process I found all kind of stuff which I though were lost, like my reading diary (from 1985 to 1996, which I thought was lost), some old photos (not all of which I really want to see again) and all kind of old stuff. Truth is there are some boxes I had not unpacked in my last few moves. Some of them I would be willing to bet have been packed since 1997 so you can well imagine.

Slowly but surely I am getting through it all. In the first part of cleaning the house (before putting the house for sale) quite a few boxes were taken to the dump without being opened. Those were mostly left from my University days. In a way it was a lot easier.
I have cleaned the "mystery" kitchen drawer where pens, business card, strings, buttons, note pads, elastic bands are kept...and that was a big one...."was" being the key word in that sentence!!! I had over 20 keys on various key chains. There was not a chance of me being able to figure out what they were for. One of them looked like it was from the car I destroyed in an accident in December 1999 (not a joke, actually the year it did get destroyed). It was my first car that wasn't a pile of rust, my first "grown up" car, I guess that's why I kept the keys. Also originally I thought the car could be fixed !!!

No comments: