Friday, November 01, 2013

In Calgary doing tasks and having some quiet fun

I am in Calgary for a few days (house sitting and dog sitting) and I am trying to do as many tasks as I can while I am here. I am doing pretty good.
I had the truck fixed, nothing major bust still 2 days without mean of transport.
I moved the trailer in what should be permanent storage space with the help of CW.
I reorganized the trailer ...though this is not finished.
I emptied the truck practicallt entirely ... and that was not a job I was looking forward to. In the process I found my camera which had slipped between the seats. I thought that maybe it was lost or had been stolen out of the truck when I was in Medecine Hat (for the none Canadian this is the name of a town... pretty cool name I think)
I started clearing books and clothes not needed anymore from the camper.
I had the replacement jacks put on the camper.
I lifted the camper (finally possible with the new jacks) and moved the platform underneath it which had shifted forward too far.

All this has to be timed around snow. Last week end it snowed. Tonight (Friday night)  and tomorrow it is supposed to snow again.

But through all this I also managed to do some fun stuff.
A lot of going to the library and borrowing all kind of books.
I have been doing a lot of my Chinese language lessons (and I am quite happy with the way it is going).
I've eaten very good Vietnamese food.
And in the realm of entirely useless I bought myself a Christmas tree ornament. My favourite part of Christmas is the tree. I LOVE Christmas tree decorations and I found one really cute one. (for a dollar)... just made of plastic...
I looks like soon after December 4th (I will be house sitting again in a couple of weeks until December 4th) I will be heading south to the States. So Christmas in my tiny camper means no Christmas tree. Just the same I thought it would be nice to have this one ornament. See it for yourself::
Isn't it great...and SO Canadian in a none red-and-white way.
Maybe I'll use it as a rear view mirror ornament in the truck...right now I have a tiny stuffed buffalo.

No comments: