Wednesday, November 27, 2013

The Shopping Queen and more African Fabric

I actually am not a great fan of shopping but I am down to one pair of pants and the logistics of living with one pair of pants is not great. So I ended up going to a large second-hand store and after trying a good dozen of pairs manage to find 2 that work....ok, who cares?
Here is the thing, while at the second-hand shop I had a look around and found some great African fabric: 6 metres of a superb blue print from Akosombo Textiles (Ghana)...and the price was great. I paid $10 for the 6 metres, which would be difficult to find in South Africa. The fabric itself is a thin cotton (not a superb quality but not as bad as some) but the print makes up for it. I think I will take it with me when I finally leave Calgary and hit the road again and use it to try to make myself a dress. I figure even if I really mess up there should be enough fabric to have another try with the same fabric.


Here is a close up.

No comments: