Saturday, January 26, 2013

A book recommendation

I am probably going to regret this post, but anyway here it is:

I HIGHLY recommend: "Help Me Live: 20 things people with cancer want you to know" by Lori Hope.

If you know somebody with cancer, if you work with people with cancer, even if you think you are good with it you NEED to read that book.

p. 18: "Six word in sequence that NEVER fail ..... "I don't know what to say"."
The emphasis on "NEVER" is mine. I totally recommend that line. In fact I often say that if I was to write a book on the subject it would be very short because it would be "say" "I don't know what to say"!"

There is much more to the book. There truly are 20 things that people with cancer want you to know. I don't agree with every single one of them, but nearly.

Alternatively you could talk to my friends in Joburg because they have been awesome at it, but they are the exception to the rule.

No comments: