Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Li River cruise

I know I have blogged in a long long time, first it was because it is not easy to blog when in China, then I just didn't feeling like it in Malaysia and Australia.... Today I want to show you just one thing, the landscape along the Li River not far from Guilin.
You know the tall pointy mountains you always see in Chinese restaurant. I always assumed that they were a style, a way to represent mountains. The same way that antique Egyptian paintings do not make me think that people used to walk around with their head sideways, I never really thought that the mountains in China looked the way they are represented in those cheap paintings. But here you are. I let you judge for yourself.
These I took while on a day cruise (in the tiny boats you see in the photos) on the Li River, not far from Guilin where I was staying. For the record, the Li River does go through Guilin and the landscape there is also spectacular but the cruise took off from Yangshou, a few miles down river from Guilin.













I truly was a wonderful day. I was the only foreigner on the trip and I had my picture taken so many times, on my own or with people next to me, but over all it was great, and the scenery was well worth it.

One other thing I saw on this "cruise" was this interesting hungry cow....well, not hungry anymore.


No comments: